The 1% Pledge movement enables companies to adopt early philanthropic strategies to their business model and leverages the fact that a small commitment today can bring a huge impact tomorrow. And we believe their message to be true. The Pledge 1% is a global movement that inspires, educates and empowers companies and staff members to be a force for good and to utilise the business platform to bring real, positive and sustainable change.
At Color, we are proud to be Salesforce partners and are continuously inspired by its commitment to using business as a platform for change and as a force for good. But for an SME like ourselves, we’ve struggled in the past to formalise our pro bono projects and to communicate our positive social impact across our client projects and partner relationships. That is until we came across the Pledge 1% movement!
“The support that Color gave Volunteer Edinburgh was invaluable to our Covid-19 Pandemic response. Color’s commitment, skill and understanding of our business needs and their work done on our Salesforce org enabled us to respond to a genuinely unprecedented demand and enabled us to efficiently process a huge number of prospective volunteers and deploy them in record time so they could support vulnerable people during the heights of lockdown. Without Color’s support, we would not have been able to react as efficiently and effectively as we did.”
Paul Wilson | Chief Officer, Volunteer Edinburgh
To demonstrate our commitment we have decided to take the following steps to fulfil our Pledge 1% goal:
- Donate at least 1% of employees’ time to NFP projects
- Donate at least 1% of our product or apps
- Work with the wider Salesforce education sector
- Continue to empower others through the Salesforce Mentor-Mentee Programme
- Create a stronger local social impact by formalising Color Academy and be a force of good for cloud sorcerers in the North West of the UK.
Being a Pledge 1% member has given us clarity on how to formally give back to our community and to be a positive force without having to sacrifice our pipeline. We believe that companies of all sizes and of social capacity have the power to bring positive change to their community and to create a society and culture that stands at the frontline of economic and social change.
We are very proud to have joined the Pledge 1% movement that is involved with some of the most innovative and socially conscious organisations and companies around the world.
Get in touch
And find out how we can help
_shift Your Organisation forward>
- “The support that Color gave Volunteer Edinburgh was invaluable to our Covid-19 Pandemic response. Color’s commitment, skill and understanding of our business needs and their work done on our Salesforce org enabled us to respond to a genuinely unprecedented demand and enabled us to efficiently process a huge number of prospective volunteers and deploy them in record time so they could support vulnerable people during the heights of lockdown. Without Color’s support, we would not have been able to react as efficiently and effectively as we did.”
- How Color designed our SIS is so seamless it feels like they went into our heads! They have created a system that is so well configured it already feels so natural and intuitive to use!
- Because Salesforce centralises the data, our team is able to become multi-faceted and grow. Salesforce allows us to do this in the clearest and intuitive way.
- I can see all the fees and qualifications of every applicant, all the relevant notes and files, and can pick up the phone and dial their number if I need to right away.
- Before Salesforce, the application review process required 120 actions, averaging to 20 minutes per application. Now with the SIS, I am able to review an application in minutes!
- Being able to manage the Social Value UK membership with the minimum of fuss was a key objective of our new website project. Color’s implementation of Salesforce has delivered an efficient and effective solution, which both integrates with our website and also allows us to move away from spending time on manual process and instead concentrate on adding value elsewhere within the organisation.
- We needed a focussed consultancy to help refine our Salesforce / Marketo implementation, clean it up and split it as part of a programme that sold part of the business to Xchanging in July 2014. Salesforce invariably gets cluttered over time with useless reports, incorrect data and inappropriate views. Color came recommended – we were very pleased with their no nonsense approach allowing us to ‘spring clean’ our installation with minimal fuss and very cost effectively.
- Effective management of global sales across different time-zones is difficult to achieve without good systems. We knew we needed a CRM solution that grew as we grew. Color implemented Salesforce cleanly, without fuss or business interruption. We look forward to our sales process benefitting from new functionality.